Our school is in the top 1% of schools nationally for standards in Mathematics, and top 3% nationally for standards in Reading, Writing and Mathematics combined (DfE Published Data 2019)... 13th highest performing primary school in the South West of England (Sunday Times Performance Tables)...
KS2 Class Teacher
Hours of work: Full time
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date (and time): Tuesday May 11th 2021
Interview date: Friday 14th May 2021
Commencement date: 1st September 2021
Do you want to teach in a happy, diverse and successful school? Whether you are taking the first step or the next step in your career, St Osmund’s can offer you the dynamic, forward-thinking and supportive environment to continue to grow your skills.
At our school we want you to be able to get on with the most important job – teaching your class and impacting on learning.
We have worked hard to remove unnecessary tasks from your responsibilities, and we have ensured that only the most meaningful assessment takes place. At St Osmund’s, we don’t spend time giving written feedback in books after school because we believe that in-lesson feedback is what has the most impact. We keep meetings to a minimum and we give you the time to work with your colleagues to develop each other’s practice.
Do you want to come and work with us?
The Governors of St Osmund’s Catholic Primary School, Salisbury, are looking to recruit an inspiring class teacher and in return we can offer you:
- A vibrant, multi-cultural and inclusive school with our amazing, independent and well-behaved children at the heart of all that we do
- Supportive staff who care deeply about providing the best education possible for our wonderful children
- A great CPD offer which you will be an equal partner in
- An intellectually and professionally stimulating, positive environment
- Dedicated subject leader time and flexibility with how you best use your release time
- A very supportive parent body
- Two additional well-being days each year for every member of staff
- A beautiful building, well-resourced and in a great location in the heart of Salisbury
The successful candidate will:
- Be an inspirational teacher, who enjoys making learning exciting and memorable
- Have the right values and will see the potential in every child they teach, aspiring for the best outcomes
- Be an excellent communicator, team player and have a good sense of humour
- Be hardworking, positive and recognise the importance of the wider school community
It is not essential to be Catholic, but we expect all our staff to support the Catholic ethos of our school. Applications are most welcome from energetic, enthusiastic and dedicated teachers. All levels of experience will be considered.
We welcome visits to see our wonderful school in a Covid-safe way; our children really are the best ambassadors of all that we value.
Please contact Richard Sanderson, Headteacher, on 01722322632 or by email email@example.com if you have any questions about the post. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
St Osmund’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
Application is by standard forms (see school website www.st-osmunds.wilts.sch.uk) and a letter of application of no more than 2 sides of A4, outlining your suitability for the position against the person specification. The post will be in Key Stage 2. The interview may take place face to face or remotely (via Zoom/Google Meet) depending on the current circumstances